Tuesday, September 26, 2006

adopt a soldier

http://www.soldiersangels.org/default.php

Our family is going to do this- you can either send one package with no further commitment or sign up to adopt a soldier and commit to sending one letter a week and 1-2 pkgs a month. I feel very fortunate to be able to be here safely in my house with my kids while these soldiers sacrifice so much to make that possible. I am sad some of them never get any letters or pkgs from home. Some items they ask for are pkgs of stuff to add to water (crystal light, hot chocolate etc) deoderant, hard candy, jerky, etc. Stuff I take for granted

We are going to do this for FHE project

Just sharing the info!

2 comments:

happytape! said...

That's a great idea. We can do it too!

Stepi said...

I think that would be fun. I don't think I could keep it up monthly though. It would be like visiting teaching. Good intentions, guilt and occasional success. I don't want to let anyone down!