Sunday, August 29, 2010

Good Bye Summer

We didn't do any big vacations this year, but we did do a few fun things. Here are some pictures from our fishing outing. We went to Sly Park Lake for an afternoon. Not one fish was caught but it was fun just the same! Don't you just hear the Andy Griffith Show whistling here?
She was such a patient, waiting fisher.
This was the week after scout camp and he was so enthusiastic about the fishing!
I watched as Vaughn did all the help with fishing poles. I think this is my favorite picture of this trip! Sadly, his hair has been cut. I miss it! Goof balls!

5 comments:

happytape! said...

these are so cute! i'm not ready to say good bye to summer yet. it's just been such a great summer (except the flood.) it's still super hot here (mostly) and i'm trying to go to the pool everyday. when winter hits here, it hits pretty hard. i think we might need a mid-winter hawaii meet up.
steph, you look like me in these pictures! it's a little freaky. i love simon's long hair, but i'm glad you cut it off because he could almost pass for you as a child. don't you think he looks like your baby pictures? he's adorable!
love you!

Kathy said...

Super cute! You always seem to find fun stuff to do outdoors with your kids. Looks awesome!

Stepi said...

Tina, in one of the DC pics, where I am holding up that giant piece if cake thing, I thought it was you before realizing it was me. VERY strange. Simon does look like me when I was little. We were just looking at a pic the other day. Same eyes for sure.

Kath, we are cooped up some inside I go crazy!!! We went on a field trip to the Zoo yesterday.

Stepi said...

Kath, I ment "so much" not "some"!

Belva Wilberg and Elder JJ Simonsen said...

What a bunch of beautiful grandkids we have. Coming from such beautiful kids. Except for one of course. and we know who that is. Love you stepi, thank you for letting us stay at your house until you find another one. love mom what a treat to be home.