Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Works is progress

Hello? Is anybody out there?? This poor blog has been neglected by us all. I am here to revive it! For today at least.
Saturday I decided to make new stockings for us. I went to the thrift store and found three sweaters to use. Two were wool. One wasn't. I also used an old JCrew sweater that I loved and saved for just in case. I washed and dried all the sweaters. The wool ones felted perfectly! It just made me happy. The washer did reek of moth balls. YUCK! Must have been the thrift store ones.

This one is wool and shrunk like crazy.
This one was only partially wool and felted only a bit.
The red is my JCrew sweater. Isn't it cute? I might get a pair of cozy socks out of the sleeves as well! I have two more from a different sweater, not shown. I will try and finish tonight and show you soon!
What are you working on?

4 comments:

happytape! said...

those stockings are so cute! i'm working on several things, but the funnest one is this crocheted hedgehog thing. i don't really know how to crochet, but it's totally turning out. i've been knitting, too. but my jewelry (as much as i love it!) has been pretty hectic, so that's taken most of my time. and happytape, too. i love projects, but i always have too many project ideas and not enough time. stink.

Kathy said...

Awesome! I love those stockings! It's fun to see the projects we work on. You'll have to post the finished results.

Nancy said she just finished her advent calendar. Let's see it Nanc-!

Hilary said...

You're a genius! I have so many sweaters that I don't know what to do with . . . or didn't know what to do with!!!! Yay! Stockings for the Parry's, finally!

Anonymous said...

These are SO fab. Must copy...

Happy Christmas!