Saturday, May 02, 2009

Who's coming to Hawaii with me next time?

Here are a bunch of photos from our Hawaii trip. There are more on facebook so check them out there if you can. The trip was so fun and a super experience. My one regret: I didn't visit Harold and Kathy! I wrongly assumed they were outta there off to Canada for Harold's next job. Shoulda looked into it more. I'm sorry Harold and Kathy.
Babies with sunglasses-can't get cuter than that!
Snorkeling was amazing! We were able to do it twice. Here, Scott is about to explore Shark's Cove. The fish here follow you...it was a little freaky. He saw a turtle there.
Yeah, a bathing beauty...a WHITE bathing beauty!
The views, of course, were fantastic.
We hiked to this vista-Diamond Head
We visited BYU Hawaii and had breakfast at their food court called Seaside. This is Musubi- a fatty roll of rice with a layer of fried egg and a nice slice of fried Spam wrapped with seaweed. It was tasty! Made me think of Mom's Spam cravings. Hawaii loves Spam-there was even a Spam festival when we were there.
Here we are at a famous shaved ice joint-Matsumotos. The line was about about 30 deep.
We had the great opportunity to take a helicopter ride. Cameron cried a little in the beginning then totally fell asleep! Isn't that funny?
We're up in the air!
This is from the helicopter. The views were so great. This is Hanauma Bay the other place where we snorkeled.
We loved going through the Polynesian Culture Center. You should all go there! This is a man from Samoa and he was SO funny! Very cool, very fun to learn about all those Polynesian islands.
We visited the Laie Temple as well. Because it's so old (dedicated in 1915) it needed a major face lift. We went to the visitors center and it was lovely! And thanks to Laura, Emily's sister, we were just walking distance away from the temple and BYUH. Thanks so much Laura! And thanks to Brian for the discounts at the PCC! That was so so kind of you. We really appreciated it!
This was our last day in Hawaii and I had an chance to jump off this small cliff into the ocean (maybe 20 feet, maybe even less). It was a little scary (since I haven't done this in years) but I really wanted to do it. So after a few seconds of pondering I finally got up the courage.

I'm flying!....no, I just look like I want to take flight. A little dorky, but it was so fun!!! I wanna go back! Who's with me, huh? I didn't know what I was missing! You'll have to check out the 60 or so photos on my facebook page if you want to. Next time you're all coming with us!

3 comments:

DarkChocolateDaily said...

Beautiful!!!! You're such a hottie. Love you!!

Emily said...

SHAVE ICE! It's called SHAVE ice! The photos are gorgeous! We should all totally meet up there sometime! When we are all richy rich.

Stepi said...

so wonderful! I would love to go with everyone too. I think you are brave for jumping off the cliff!