Sunday, June 07, 2009

Cameron's First Year

So Cameron spent his actual first birthday on an airplane so we celebrated his special day a week or so later. Here's his cute tiny cake. I made it in a tin can with seven-minute frosting, thanks always to Steph for guiding the way I cook. Those are little candy coating dots that I make, also Steph's idea. Cute, huh?
He at first didn't know what to do...
...then he got the idea. Sugar!
We had the Wilberg's over to celebrate and to thank them for watching Jake and Sam while we were gone. Thanks again, Emily!
So within minutes of Cameron's cake face this appeared! I guess he might be semi-allergic to eggs (egg whites in the frosting). But the red splotches went away before bedtime. I've learned my lesson though!

He's a cute baby and I think we'll keep him another year.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Yay, cutie Cameron! I hope you survive all the lovin' attention from Max while your parents are in Denmark.

Stepi said...

I love first birthdays! Super cute and the cake looks great!!

happytape! said...

cute cake! and how fun to have the wilbergs over, too. where's zac?

adam used to be allergic to eggs, but they made him throw up, not blotchy. he got hives from his other allergies, though. are those hives or are they flat? i don't know if you can be semi-allergic; maybe you should ask your dr. next time you see him.