Friday, March 12, 2010

Grandchildren Observations

Thank you for the Birthday pic. It has been a great week. Soon I will post some of our pictures on wildmountainabroad.

Observation number one: A while ago I found these lovely little pictures and was stunned at how much our little grandchildren look like their parents. Every so often I think I will publish here-- some of my observations and grandmother advice for the fam. Hope you don't mind. You know that I have lots of bright ideas and advice waiting to be given. .. and I am sure that you all remember every bit of advice that I have ever given you.
Here is observation number two.

Today I discovered that the Brooks family has a new biblical name for our soon to be born... Seth Matthew Brooks. We have a Samuel the Lamanite, and Jacob (father of the House of Israel and brother of Nephi) already in the family. Cameron must be a biblical name that is in the other plates not yet translated. Thought you might want to know how amazing "Seth" is in the family of man. Here are some quotes that I found from Gospelink.com. about him.


1. Seth is the son of Adam.

2. Modern revelation provides additional insight into the life of Adam's noble son, Seth: He
"was a perfect man, and his likeness was the express likeness of his father, insomuch that
he seemed to be lik unto his father in all things and could be distinguished from him only by
his age." (D&C 107: 43 ; Moses 6:10; Gen. 5:3)

3. Seth was second only to Adam among the great patriarchs who met in the valley of Adam-
ondi-Ahman, three years prior to Adam's death (D&C 107:53).

4. He was an obedient son who "rebelled not, but offered an acceptable sacrifice, like unto his
brother Abel." (Moses 6:3)

5. Seth was born when Adam was 130 years of age (Moses 6:10; Gen. 5:3-5)

6. Seth was "ordained by Adam at the age of 69" (D&C 107: 42)

7. Seth lived to be 912 years old and was survived by his son Enos, whom he taught "in the
ways of God." (Moses 6:13, 16)

8. President Joseph F. Smith saw Seth as one of the "great and mighty ones" assembled in the
"congregation of the righteous" at the time of the Savior's visit to the spirit world following
his crucifixion. (D&C 138: 38, 40).

I think that if you decide to name our new little baby- Seth... he will surely live up to his great name. It has been a pleasure, so far, having Samuel the Lamanite, and Jacob, the father of the twelve tribes in our family. Welcome, in April, little tiny Seth --the son of Adam.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow! Good thing we didn't pick Laman or Cane or something. :)

Thanks for all those scriptures about Seth. I do like that name. I'm ready to see him in real live. I'm sick of swelling up like a balloon...I guess it would be a water balloon.

And, holy cow, Sasha looks SO MUCH like Stephanie! How crazy!

Stepi said...

Simon was nearly Seth, Kathy. Did you know that? He was for about a month while I was pregnant. Love it!

Sasha still looks like me and Simon looks just like Sasha! Crazy.