Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Apple Dumplings Recipe

Hi all,

Thanks for the great recipes and shopping tips. They are FUNtastic. On Sunday, I made apple dumplings, and they were a great hit! They looked beautiful (someone said "gourmet") and got huge props in the tasty department. They were also so fun and easy to make. Usually the apple is wrapped whole, but we got really full off of them, so I recommend cutting them in half (before wrapping them in pastry) for a daintier dessert. That is, cut them perpendicularly to the core, not down the core. Or any way you want! Sheesh! Okay, then I spooned the brown sugar rinse (from the pan) on top of the dumplings and served them hot with vanilla bean ice cream. Recipe here. LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

That recipe sounds soooo yummy! I have wanted to make apple dumplings. I'll have to use this recipe. Thanks Nancy!

happytape! said...

I am sooo going to make those! YUM!