Monday, May 15, 2006

Yet another post from Kathy

Sorry I'm posting sooo much today. Tina asked for these recipes and it was just easier to post them instead of on a comment. I love all these recipes! So I hope you like them too if you ever try them! Also, Tina, great idea on swapping recipe and ideas. I love it!!

Gwen Heath’s Creamy Lemon Chicken

6 Chicken breast
Salt and pepper
2 T. butter
2 T. olive oil
2 T. 7up
2 t. lemon zest
2 T. lemon juice
1/2 t. salt and pepper each
1 c. heavy cream
6 pads of butter
1/4 c. Parmesan Cheese

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat butter and oil and sauté chicken till cooked through. Remove chicken to oven safe glass dish. Add 7up, lemon juice and lemon zest to skillet and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. To skillet, slowly add salt, pepper and cream stirring vigorously. Pour this sauce over chicken and place a pad of butter on each chicken breast. Then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place under broiler for about 5-7 minutes until golden brown.

Link to Buffalo Sandwiches
Link to Yummy Basil Pizza Tina didn't ask for this one but it is sooooooo good. Not like a regular pizza.


Pasta with White Bean Sauce

1/2 c. chopped onion
2 covers minced garlic
1 T butter
2 T. four
1 1/3 c. milk
1 1/2 c. shredded Swiss cheese or Gruyere or American (I've only used Swiss)
1 15 oz cans great Northern beans (I used 2 cans for more protein)
1 4 oz can diced green chili pepers
8 oz dried linguine or spaghetti

In a saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot butter till tender. Stir in four and 1/8 t. pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir over med. heat till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir one minute more. Add cheese; stir till melted. Stir in drained beans and chili peppers; heat through. Meanwhile, cook linguine for 8-10 minutes. Drain pasta and sherve the sauce over the linguine.

2 comments:

happytape! said...

Kathy, you rule! Thanks for those awesome recipes and the links. Those all look totally delicious! I'm so happy to have new recipes!

Thanks!!!

Stepi said...

Ok... Kath gave me this chicken recipe awhile ago and it is really really delicious!! I'll have to try the others... I guess I'll have to give some food ideas but I'll do it later.... I can't think about it right now!