Wednesday, March 26, 2008

How to Use a Steno pad- if you are not Steven Covey


Hello all of you, Thought you should have some instructions on how to use your own "precious" steno pads.
1. Never get a flimsy thin notebook.
2. Never write on the back of the page until you have completed
the whole steno pad. Then turn it over and begin again.
3. When taking notes- number every bright idea... easier to read later.
4. Date every entry whether it is scripture study, to do lists, notes from stake conference, etc.
5. Put a little key chain (mine has a key on it) on the notebook you are currently writing in.
6. To make your day more inviting- put a few illustrations or designs around your "to-do" list.
This sometimes brightens a list that is so long that you know you will never accomplish it in
twenty four hours. It will cheer you up the next day when you have to revisit the same
unfinished list. Hope you all take notes. I'm looking forward to some expert "Steno-padders
next time we come to visit. Have a great day and try to keep your To-Do lists short. Love
you....Mom

7 comments:

Stepi said...

I love mom's "doodles"! I think my to do list would need to have decorate to do list on the list! Then maybe I would or would not get it done!

happytape! said...

great advice! a whole new world has opened up for me!!

Kathy said...

Mom, your how-to list made me laugh! But you forgot a biggie: don't let little kiddies get to it! :)

Emily said...

My mom and I both went out to get steno pads today- we had to go to 3 different stores- can't believe Target doesn't carry them.

Pretentious Wombat said...

I just blogged about the way I use steno pads then I did a Google search for some pictures and got the link to your entry. I love your creativity! And I put a link to this page on my blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com

Steno pad users, unite!

Glen said...

Hello Wilbergs!
I wanted to let everyone know that Grandma Margaret is know online. Do you think she needs a facebook account? She is already one of the most popular residents of Sisters so I don't know if she needs anymore "friends" but I will set her up if you think it would be fun to do so. She will be overjoyed to finally read the wild mountain blog. I will do my best to improve her laptop savviness. I hope all is well with each and everyone of you.
Love, Glen Marcusen

PS. Amazing Steno notes Belva. I heard it said that true geniuses doodle continuously so your in good company.

Glen said...

That is, you're in good company not your. obviously Im not doodling enough.