Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Phili

It seems like I haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd quickly put some photos up of the Philadelphia trip we went on about a month ago. Liberty Bell. On the 2 hour drive from here to there we kept hammering into the boys heads why we were going to Philadelphia, ya know, the Declaration of Independence, the Liberty Bell, the beginnings of our awesome country, cheese steaks.
Yo, Adrian! There was a line of people doing this in front of the Museum of Art, and of course we had to do it too. SEE THIS.
One of my favorite things we saw was this street called Elfreth's Alley. The term "row houses" came from Philadelphia and this is the oldest residencial street in US. Tiny homes right next to each other. It had been trashed over the years but when 1976 was aproaching, the city knew they needed to fix it up for tourisim. Lucky us! It was so cute. You would all love it.
Carrige ride around Independence Hall. Awesome. FYI: tip alot...more than you think...then more than that. I don't think we tipped enough. We just didnt' know! How they heck are you supposed to know what to tip a carrige driver?! Anyway, very cool and not too expensive. Like that Book of Awesome: Seeing a real van Gogh, AWESOME! (Awesome Blog)
There's a big fued as to who has the best Phili Cheese Steaks in Philadelphia between Geno's and Pat's. They are right across the street from eachother. The lines were crazy and the kids were riding on their last patience so I waiting in line at Geno's while Scott stayed in the car. They were pretty good but I couldn't resolve which was better because we only sampled one.
Fun stuff! Nice that it was only 2 hours away. The museum was a little tricky with the kids but we still had fun. Awesome!

2 comments:

Stepi said...

Awesome pictures!! I want to go when I come again. I also got happy looking at the Awesome website. I love that book. It just makes me smile.

Steph said...

Kathy, I still think it's funny that you and Scott have four boys and that Ben and I have four girls. Our lives are very different as moms! =) You have cute boys.