Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Universe is cold, man, really cold. And blankets

Hey! I'm getting dooped! I've been gradually chipping away at the poundage that I piled on while pregnant. (that's alotta p's). I love using my "LoseIt!" app for my ipod touch. It's awesome. BUT every time I enter in a slightly lower weight it lowers the amount of calories I can eat! What the heck?!? The universe is sabotaging me! Whatever...

As a side note: Seth is almost 7 months old and is already grabbing a corner of his blanket and bringing it to his face and nose. Do all kids do this? Every one of my boys has had a blanket that they cherish and love and cuddle with right up to their faces. With variations as to what part of the face they rub with the blanket corner. Here's a detailed list:

kid 1) Jake-his nose (He also still pulls the corner through is fingers)
kid 2) Sammy-his nose, mouth and even his tongue!
kid 3) Cameron favors his ears. He literally shoves the corner as far as possible in that little ear.
kid 4) Seth-yet to be determined.

Do your kids do this? Just curious.

2 comments:

Stepi said...

Jonah just loved the whole blanket. He was a cork boy more than blanket. Gretta liked to bite it to pieces. Literally, she would tug the ties with her teeth. She ended up surrounding her head in a special way with in until she resorted to sleeping with a hat! Sasha-nothing particular. Simon rubs the edges through his hands and crumples a hand full in his hand like he is kneading it. The edges of his old blanket are already shreds!

Unknown said...

My kids never did blankeys or corks. And we tried. They don't have favorite stuffed animals or anything else. Weirdos